Thursday 3 June 2010

New race kit for this season and quick update

I've got some new race kit for this season, I'm trying the Fusion triathlon range, I have the Multisport Pro Top (right), the Power Shorts and the Power Tubes - in WHITE! Yes, that's right white. I'm either going to look cool as f*ck or like a right donought! Probably the later.

The top is designed for longer distance races whilst the shorts and the power tubes have alot of compression in them, hopefully I'll feel the benefit during and after my races (I'm a big fan of compression wear). The power tubes act like compression socks (like the one's Paula Radcliffe wears), except these are tubes and don't cover the feet (so you can wear them under neath your wetsuit during the swim).

I'll be travelling down to Weymouth tomorrow for this weekends middle distance race. Friday will be a chill out day, I might go for a splash in the sea or a little jog, but that'll be it. I'll be joined by Team Whittle (wife, Mum & Dad) on Saturday afternoon, with Jase "the hussler" Walkley arriving either tomorrow or Saturday. Jase and I will probably cycle the run course and check out the big climb out of Weymouth and the rest of the time will be spent chilling out, registering, doing a recce of the transition area and tinkering with our bikes. We'll grab some food on Saturday night with Team Whittle and then head back to the van (family 8 berth static caravan) for an early night.

Jase and I are in the last wave start (07:30) but I guess we'll have to be down at transition for about 6:15 for the race brief, so it'll be an early start. Jase is going really well at the moment, he had a great race last weekend, and will probably follow that up this weekend will another great result. I did this race 2 years ago and traditionally it has a strong field, but I anticipate Jase will grab a top 50 result. I hope to improve on my time from 2 years ago, lets see how it goes!!!

4 comments:

Cavegirl said...

The weather forecast is good, don't forget the sunscreen :-)

White shorts and leg warmers - cool as ... mmm ... not so sure, need to see the photos!

Good luck

Turbo Man said...

Best of luck to both of you for the race. But, you are going to look like a ****! :-)

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Thanks for the "comments" guys! :-)

Sags said...

White not so good for long distance - well not for me as I had to have 4 wees at the beaver last week.