Sunday 29 August 2010

New 5k PB!!!!


I did the Cardiff 5k Park Run race yesterday (a spur of the moment thing) and as the name of this post suggests, I got a new PB. I was very pleased to finish in a time of 18:20, only a PB by 4 or 5 seconds but 40 seconds faster than 2 weeks ago on the same course; and all that with no "real" run training over the last couple of weeks and certainly no speedwork! Hopefully if I can stay fit over the next month or two we should see good things at the Cardiff half marathon, fingers crossed anyway!

5 comments:

The_Dude said...

Well done Mark !!!

Very impressive, we will call you the Usain Bolt of long distance running !!!

Cavegirl said...

I keep telling you, less is more!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Don't get me wrong, I've been running but fairly easy unstructured stuff. I did do a few hard runs last week but the training benefit wouldn't have been seen by Saturday. Happy with progress though.

Paul said...

Excellent work Frank, well done mate!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Thanks Paul, much appreciated!