Thursday 24 March 2011

Pembrokeshire duathlon this weekend

This Saturday I'll be doing my first multisport race of the season, the Pembrokeshire duathlon. It's a 5k run/22k bike/2.5k run duathlon based out of Neyland marina, down in west Wales. I did this race last year, so know what to expect, it's 2 flat, fast runs and a fairly flat bike with one long hill right at the start of the bike leg. I think I got 22nd place last year, I'm not too worried about positions, but I'd like to see an improvement in my overall race time just to gauge how the training is going. I think I'll still have some fatigue in the legs from last weekends 100 mile sportive, so this short sprint race could be interesting!!!

This will be the first outing for my TT bike this year too. I wonder if I'll remember how to ride it! Train smart all!

3 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Good luck mate, those distances are superb training for the IS duathlon.

Sags said...

Start off steady. Then, after 100m nail it 8-)

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Thanks guys. Not sure I'll use Sags tactic's from the gun though!!! ;-)