Tuesday 29 June 2010

All quiet on the western front!

Yes, all quiet on the western front. Not a huge amount to report really. Its 5 weeks until my “A” race of the season (IM Regensburg), so training volume and frequency is quite high at this time. This means I’m carrying quite a bit of fatigue around with me, particularly after my bigger days. I’ve got another sprint triathlon next week just to mix things up, and with the previous sprint triathlons I’ve done this year, it will be treated as a hard training session – no taper, just train straight through it. This means I won’t be as fresh (or fast) as I would like to be, but the Ironman in August is the goal and I’m playing the long game, not the short game.

Bad news, my Ironman buddy Jamie (who’s doing Regensburg with me) took a tumble this week and has sprained his ankle, it looks quite bad. He’s been told to stay off it for a week or so. He’s not too worried about it, and to miss a week of training at this point shouldn’t be the end of the world, at least he can concentrate on the swim for a few days.

Some of my club mates have been racing really well over the last few weeks, well done guys and gals, keep it up! Train smart all!

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.