Sunday 31 October 2010

What's been going on in Whittle World?


Just a quick update, been a busy time, so here goes:

In preparation for my Fuerteventura training camp with James O in 3 weeks time, I've been back in the pool and back on my bike. The swimming is tough, I haven't been swimming since the 1st August (IM Regensburg) and it definitely feels like it! I swam twice last week and plan to swim 3 times next week and 4 times the following week; that should be enough to get me through the training camp. And on to the biking, I've managed to get out on the bike a few times, but perhaps more so on my mountain bike. The weather hasn't been great and getting out onto the trails has been a lot more fun than risking the traffic on the roads - more mountain biking to come I think!

I did the Cardiff Park Run on Saturday, this is a 5k race which is held every single week of the year; and it's FREE! I managed a good time (for me), my second fastest on this course actually, 18:13. Happy with that, especially considering I haven't ran for a week and only ran once in the last 2 weeks.

The pilates and the TRX training is going well, I only now realise how weak my core was! Hopefully I can work my core over the winter and get some real strength ready for the spring and summer. Talking of the spring and summer, who knows what racing I will be doing next year, I haven't made any concrete plans yet. I think I will get Xmas and the New Year out of the way and then try to make a decision. Train smart all!

No comments: