Friday 11 February 2011

Busy times.......


It's been a busy week or so since my last blog post, the time seems to flying by at the moment. So what's been happening? Well, apart from some training, a bout of the flu (just a bad cold really, but took nearly 2 weeks to shift!) and trying to sort out a posting, not a great deal. Well, I say not a great deal, I guess in reality it all builds up and before you know it, its nearly half way through February!

Yesterday I spent yesterday in Maidenhead on a running coaching course; to become a coach rather than be coached, if you know what I mean. I've been doing some run coaching lately, running some courses for a Personal Trainer friend of mine and they've been well supported and turned out to be great fun. I put a lot of research into the courses before we rolled them out, including a lot of trial and error with myself and one or two other willing volunteers. Anyway, I heard about a course coming up run by the Newton Running Company (the company that makes Newton trainers), where they teach you their philosophy of run technique and seeing as I've been using their running trainers for the last 5 or 6 months I thought I'd give it a shot. It's the first course of its kind outside of the USA, so if I passed the course I would be one of only 12 certified Newton Natural Running Coaches in the UK. Needless to say, it was a great course, I learnt loads of new stuff and I was fortunate enough to pass. I'll go into the whole technique of Natural Running in a later post, but if you've looked in the Pose method, Chi Running or Barefoot Running, then many of the techniques won't be new to you.

I came across this post the other day, http://triathlon.competitor.com/2011/02/news/inside-triathlon-the-15-greatest-male-triathletes-of-all-time_19561 (sorry I can't seem to hyper link it), very interesting take on the 15 greatest triathletes of all time. There are a few howlers in there for me, can you spot them? The thing is, they didn't tell the audience what the criteria is for the "greatest triathlete", which leaves the door wide open for debate on these matters. I'll drop a few names for you, Peter Reid, Spencer Smith, Miles Stewart, etc, etc, etc. Happy to debate this!

Train smart bloggers!!!

No comments: