Monday 18 April 2011

University of Wales, Newport ISCA duathlon

I did the Newport duathlon yesterday at Caerleon, near Newport; it was also the Welsh Champs so quite a few more fast boys turned up. It consisted of a hilly 4km run, an undulating 18km bike followed by another hilly 4km run. I did this race 3 years ago in a time of 1:13:13 and hoped this year I could go somewhere around 1:10, well, that was the plan anyway.

The race went well, I managed to come home in 17th place in a time of 1:06:45 (my watch said 1:06:30, not sure where the extra 15 seconds came from!). Very pleased to knock off nearly 7 minutes since the last time I did this race. Knackered now! Train and race smart guys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice one! you are getting far too quick!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

I don't think so Roy!!! :-)