Saturday 24 December 2011

Cardiff ParkRun - New PB!

I ran the Cardiff ParkRun this morning, again, with the hope of setting a new 5km PB. As you can tell from the title of the blogpost I achieved my goal, but it was far from easy!

I went into the run pretty fit; I had a great XC race 6 days previously and a tough track session on Tuesday, so I knew I was fit, but a few tight muscles from these efforts and a few long drives this week (London and back in a day & down to West Wales and back the following day) meant I was not exactly fresh.

To cut a long story short, I managed to cut 2 seconds off my PB time to get a time of 17:55 (on my watch, official time of 17:56). Pretty pleased to set a new PB, I wanted a quicker time to be honest, but a PB is a PB, so that's all good!

Have a great Xmas all, stay safe and catch up with all you in the New Year!!!

2 comments:

Cavegirl said...

Congrats on pb - could you make contact with asap think you should have my mobbie number - thanks. K

Cavegirl said...

Or email through tigger_abroad@hotmail.com