Wednesday 18 May 2011

Product Review: Bike Floss

Bike Floss? What the hell is that???? Indeed, that's what I thought when I first saw it. Essentially it's a pimped up pipe cleaner used to clean all those nooks and crannies that are difficult to reach with a rag. The official description from the Purple Harry website is:

A new, unique cleaning product unlike anything you have used before. Inexpensive yet effective, Bike Floss does all the hard work for you and effortlessly tackles the bike's mechanics, often expensive areas to replace if not maintained properly. Available in large bristle, medium bristle or large fleece, Bike Floss solves the problem of getting to the hard to reach parts of the bike and makes light work of the drive train, cassettes, derailleurs, brake callipers and levers. The Fleece option is especially suited to carbon components that may be scratched with the more abrasive Bristle versions, and this product also finishes and polishes to show your bike 'bling' in its most dazzling light.

I really liked this stuff. The floss is slightly abrasive, so makes cleaning those difficult areas (for me, today it was the chainrings and cassette sprockets on my mountain bike) really easy. The floss holds onto the dirt and grime rather than pushing it around the bike and then the fleece can be used to remove any remaining dirt and buff up any bling components.

For some reason I can't post a link on my blog, but there is a YouTube clip showing you how to use the products effectively, simply Google "Purple Harry" (the name of the company) and you'll find it there. Some of the best ideas or inventions are the simplest, well this fits he bill perfectly, it's a great little tool for cleaning your bike. Give it a go, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Train smart all!

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

They look really good. So good, in fact, that I've ordered a multi-pack. Nice one Frank.

Sags said...

I hate people who invent useful stuff! Why can't I think of something like that!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

T-Man: They're really good, your bike bling will be soooo shiney! ;-)

Sags: If you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything! ;-)