Friday 3 February 2012

Early 2012 race schedule

So I've finally got my ass into gear and decided on an early season race schedule. It's subject to change of course, but it will look something like this:

11 Feb: Cardiff 10K
18 Feb: Welsh cross country champs
26 Feb: Big Adventure Store chilly duathlon
4 Mar: Cardiff 10K
10 Mar: Dambuster duathlon (British Champs & World/Euro AG qualifier)
1 Apr: Neyland duathlon
15 Apr: Cambridge duathlon (World AG qualifier)
25 Apr: InterService duathlon
27 May: Rodez French League duathlon (draft legal sprint race)

The ultimate goal would be to qualify for the World AG duathlon champs (Nancy in September), but I think it'll be out of my reach this year. Dambuster will have a stacked field as it's the British Champs, so if I have any chance it'll probably be to qualify at Cambridge. Like I say, maybe it's not possible this year, but that's the goal. train smart all!

3 comments:

Sags said...

You can qualify Frank! Just get some turbo work done on the bike!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sags.

Daz Sharpe said...

Go for it mate, you'll get a slot