Wednesday 1 February 2012

Train smart all!


Yes, it’s been a few weeks since my last “blog confession”, mainly work and work-related travel (alas only in the UK), hence my lack of blogging. I must make more of an effort to get a blog out more often!

So training has been interrupted slightly by the travelling, a slight back problem (which seems to be much better) and little groin niggle I’ve been managing for a week or so. It didn’t help that I did an 8 mile road race on Sunday (8 miles in 48:43 at 6:05min/mile pace), but a little bit of rest and conservative training will do the trick I’m sure.

I’m probably doing a 10K road race in 10 days time, which should be a good test of where my running currently is. I’m pretty sure it’ll be new PB for me, as I went through 10k in Sunday’s 8 mile race quicker than my current PB, so that bodes well.

Anyway, train and race smart all!

4 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

sounds like your running well mate, you entered dambuster yet?

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

No mate, I must get onto that!

Sags said...

Smokin' Frank!

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Daz, I'm in, signed up last night!

Sags, hardly, but thanks!